Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

Paving throughout unincorporated San Mateo County

Caution is advised through the end of December: The county is resurfacing many random streets and roads. The busy part of Alameda de las Pulgas from Sand Hill to Santa Cruz was being repaved yesterday, and work appears set to begin on lower Alpine Road. Work is also under way on part of Portola Road.

I tried to find a list of affected streets at the county's website, but I came up short. All I found was a contractors' project description, which didn't list any specific streets. The orange signs at the work sites indicate that the resurfacing program will continue through December 31. If you hit a street at the wrong time, you're likely to find pre-ground pavement that's very unpleasant for cyclists.

No comments: