Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

5,000 miles for 2009

With today's 35-mile World AIDS Day ride in the East Bay, I've crossed the magic 5,000-mile mark for this year. How does this compare to previous years? I hit 5,000 miles on these dates:

2009: November 29
2008: November 16
2007: December 16
2006: August 20
2005: October 21

My springtime maladies cost me a bunch of valuable training time during what should have been my highest-mileage period of the year. And, admittedly, there's the elusive "fun factor" -- the challenge of keeping cycling fun even though I've done nearly all of the popular nearby and convenient routes (at least the ones that are consistent with my skill level) so many times that the bicycle knows the way by itself.

That's one of the reasons why I traveled to Orinda for today's ride, and (more importantly for you) that's one of the reasons why the upcoming Cat-3 Distance Training rides won't be the same old routes from the previous two seasons. I'm still considering the possibilities, but there are definitely some interesting rides in store for us in 2010 as we get ready for ALC9.

No comments: