Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

Saturday weather update

It's another wet weekend ahead, but we're going to try to ride anyway.

We will ride a shorter 58-mile route that offers several easy ways to end the ride early and return to downtown Mountain View. (If the weather miraculously holds all day, we can repeat the first leg to reach our original 80-mile goal.)

The latest forecasts suggest that the moderate rain will move north to south during the day on Saturday, so there's a good chance that we'll be able to at least start the ride under acceptable conditions. The route has pre-defined bailouts at Mile 24 and Mile 44, and there are many other ways that you can head back if needed, so you can stop at whatever point the weather becomes too much for you.

If the rain becomes heavy to the point of becoming dangerous for us, your ride leaders might decide to close the route and direct everyone back to downtown Mountain View. Safety is always our top priority, and safety definitely trumps any short-term need or desire for mileage.

Please join us Saturday morning at 8:30 ... and don't forget that we meet one hour earlier than last time!

On Saturday morning, I will post an updated ride status here by 7 a.m. Check before coming to Mountain View.