Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

Bike is in the shop

We had a fantastic group of 12 riders on today's Seismic Challenge training ride that went through hot weather, cold weather, and windy weather.

Alas, my bicycle didn't fare quite so well. Around mile 35 of the 55-mile route, I started having nonresponsive rear shifting, followed by some phantom shifting. Nothing looked obviously wrong, and I got some help at a rest stop to at least keep my lower gears mostly operational for the final 10 miles back to Mountain View. Took the bike directly to the shop (even before coming home), where it sits until Wednesday. A good opportunity for a six-month checkup -- and a couple days of rest -- anyway.

No comments: