Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

A nod to reality

Astute followers of this webpage will notice that my fundraising "goal" over on the left side of the page has decreased from $5,000 to $3,000.

In this uncertain economy, it's looking likely that reaching even the $3,000 minimum that allows me to ride will be quite a challenge. And I decided to make the goal reflect the personal commitment that I made to the San Francisco AIDS Foundation: to raise at least $3,000 for them this season. They have a piece of paper with my signature on it, containing exactly that commitment. And I am determined to honor that commitment.

That's what this is all about. My ride in June is secondary to the primary goal of providing much-needed support to the SFAF, and that's where you come in. Big thanks to the donors who have already supported me this year. The San Francisco AIDS Foundation needs our help more than ever. If you have the resources to give this month, please do so. (If you don't, I understand.)

No comments: