Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

Y'all are awesome!


I don't think I can say THANK YOU enough for yesterday's big surprise! It really is a community. I'm just the facilitator; the community happens because of the contributions of each of you.

One of the reasons I keep coming back to ALC is that we're a community where people do nice things for other people. Not because they have to or because there's something in it for themselves, but because it's simply the right thing to do. That's a sentiment that I find lacking in much of the day-to-day world that I inhabit, so I am always grateful when I am reminded what the human spirit is really all about. And when I'm the recipient of such nice things, it truly does make me melt with gratitude.

I'm amazed at all the logistics that went into making this happen ... and at how everyone managed to keep it a complete secret for that whole time.

So again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. If this was your last ride of the season with us, then I'll see you on the event in June. If you'll be with us on our upcoming 113-mile and 125-mile rides, then together we'll write a couple more epic chapters in this year's journey.

Photo by Sunil Jagadish