Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

What about Saturday's ride? (Updated Wednesday night)

What a wacky weather week it's been. Although it's not over yet, the forecasts seem to agree at this point that Saturday will be mostly, if not entirely, rain-free. And that means good news for our scheduled ride!

But a few words about the route. Although most of our planned route is urban, I'm particularly concerned about Kennedy and Shannon roads outside Los Gatos. These narrow roads twist their way right next to muddy hillsides, and we're starting to see lots of mudslides. And even if the road isn't blocked, the surface could be muddy and dangerous, especially on the steep descent. I'll be monitoring conditions through the week, and if a ride is looking likely, I plan to visit Los Gatos on Friday to check conditions. Don't be surprised, however, if I have to make some adjustments to the planned route due to closures and/or safety concerns.

Go ahead and RSVP for the ride. And then check back here throughout the week for the latest.

No comments: