Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

Cat-3 Distance Training 2010 -- save the dates

I'm not sure I should say "by popular demand," but because so many folks have been asking ... yes, I will offer the Cat-3 Distance Training rides out of Mountain View again beginning in January.

The tentative dates are every other Saturday beginning Jan. 16. This looks like it should avoid any conflict with the major SF-based ALC events, but I will adjust if necessary.

One change this year is that, because Day 1 is so late on the calendar, we actually get a total of 11 ride days with this schedule. As in past years, I'll make Ride 10 on May 15 our big ride -- the 3rd annual Altamont Pass Double Metric -- and on May 29, one week before ride-out, we'll have a shorter celebration ride, something we haven't done in past years.

Watch this space in a few weeks for more details. If you're a TRL and are interested in helping, drop me a note.

(Are you a first-year rider wondering what this is all about? These are rides for intermediate to advanced riders who can maintain an average in-motion pace of 12-15 mph on gentle to slightly hilly terrain. We start at about 40 miles and gradually build up to 200 km -- 125 miles -- in one day, the longest single-day training ride on the nationwide ALC calendar. First-year ALCers who cycle at 12 mph or greater are especially welcome!)

No comments: