Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

An historic day for AIDS/LifeCycle

For only the second time in ALC history, today's route was closed mid-ride due to dangerous conditions. Most riders were held in Marina or Salinas after rain began and are being bused into camp. Those of us who left early and were near the front -- about 500 riders, apparently -- were able to continue, and I completed all 109 miles in very unfavorable conditions including rain, mud, unseasonably chilly temperatures, strong wind, and even a little bit of hail.

I don't have all the details yet, so there's a lot about the situation that I don't know. A full report will come later, possibly tonight if I recover, but maybe not until tomorrow.