Upcoming rides I'm leading:
Nothing on the schedule.

Show blog entries about: Upcoming rides | Ride reports | My own training

How long is ALC9?

Because I obsess about such things, I looked at the day-by-day route descriptions on the official ALC website. Some of the distances are a little different from what was listed on the route sheets for ALC8 last year:

ALC9ALC8
Day 1: SF to Santa Cruz79.479.4
Day 2: Santa Cruz to King City107.6107.6
Day 3: King City to Paso Robles66.763.4
Day 4: Paso Robles to Santa Maria97.794.1
Day 5: Santa Maria to Lompoc67.767.7
Day 6: Lompoc to Ventura85.585.5
Day 7: Ventura to LA61.561.5

Now, of course, I know nothing at all about the official route for this year. But I won't let that stop me from speculating wildly about what the above changes mean:
  • We'll still leave King City via the pedestrian bridge, but we'll be back on River Road instead of Hwy. 101 into Paso Robles.
  • We won't do that horribly steep Halcyon Hill past Pismo Beach; rather, we'll use one of the other two hills that we've tried in recent years.
Check back on June 12 to see how amazingly right -- or stupendously wrong -- my guesses are.

P.S.: You'll also note that the total distance is actually 566.1 miles, not 545. Just thought you'd want to know.

No comments: